Dear Valued Guest:
Your safety and the safety of our team members is our top priority. We continue to follow the guidance from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), local government, and the Food & Drug Administration in every decision we are making.
As part of our commitment to ensuring everyone’s safety, we wanted to update you on all of the additional measures we are taking in our store and for our team members.
To continue our commitment to protecting our facility, customers, and teams, we rely on the guidance of the CDC and local, state and federal governments. We’ve taken proactive measures to protect all who visit and work in our store, including:
- Curbside Pickup: Increasing curbside pick-ups for online ordering. Make a purchase via our website and call the store when you arrive. Customers can simply open their trunks and we load the groceries.
- We also offer convenient contactless delivery, groceries are left at the door. Delivery is offered within 17 miles from the store, you don’t even have to leave home if that is your choice.
- Social distancing protocols: We have posted social distancing protocols throughout the store including CDC posters from Oneida County Health. Physical distancing visual guidance has been placed throughout the store, including checkout stickers and aisle directional arrows.
- Dedicated full-time team members to help with the enhanced cleaning and disinfection taking place throughout the store, including wiping down high touchpoint areas. Team members are regularly disinfecting door handles, counters, keypads, shopping carts, baskets, and restrooms.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at the registers.
- Pre-packaged items previously sold in bulk, peanuts are now prepackaged, coffee is behind the service counter, coffee and peanut grinders and water dispensers all by employee use only.
- We ask that customers do not bring reusable bags into the store.
- Designated reserved shopping hours of 6 AM – 8 AM daily for those in the CDC high-risk categories.
- Temporarily waived pen signature on pin pads at check-out.
We continue to work with local governments to determine the appropriate level of store service to keep the community we serve safe and well.
FACE MASKS AND GLOVES
The CDC announced that they have updated their guidance regarding face masks, recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
In light of this new guidance, our store teams will be wearing masks. For our guests who would like to do so as well, the CDC has posted instructions for making cloth face coverings, which can be found here.
- Gloves are available for employees to use.
- Gloves are available for customers at the customer service desk.
TEAM MEMBER SUPPORT
We are doing all we can to support our amazing team members, especially those who are cleaning our stores, stocking our shelves and bringing happiness to customers. Our people are what set Save More apart, and they are always our first priority.
- Health Protection: All team members have been encouraged to take precautionary health measures, including frequent hand washing, wearing masks, and reporting any contact that leaves them uncomfortable or concerned.
- Thermometers have been ordered to check and log the temperature of each employee at the start of every shift.
- All employees were given information on the important use of vitamin C&D.
- Testing reimbursement up to $100 for each employee.
- Face shields made available to employees.
- Weekly letters are distributed to employees stressing sanitation, hand washing, and social distancing. It includes information from WGA, IGA, NGA, CDC, Oneida Health.
As we’ve reiterated from the beginning of this unfortunate situation, the well-being of all Save More customers and team members is our main focus. We are incredibly proud to be a part of a solution to this national health crisis. The engagement, generosity, and resilience of our community and team members is truly inspiring and exemplifies how we are all in this together.
Thank you and stay well,
President, Save More Marketplace